Thank you, Leonardo for finally helping me see what my brain on MS looks Like! Or at least feels like...
And, thank you to everyone who has emailed and commented and prayed and helped out over the past few days. We are still here and some things are better. I am always so glad to be able to report that. Here is the latest:
- I saw an ENT on Tuesday and, amazingly, he was knowledgeable, believed me, and told me this throat closing thing isn't going to kill me. I say that rather flippantly, but, after four years of that flitting around on the edges of my consciousness, I am over joyed.
- Apparently the throat spasm is triggered by a signal from my brain and if I were to pass out, the signal would be interrupted and my throat would open up. I am seeing a speech therapist to work on this and taking a new med.
- My cough is helped by the med-but it makes me loopy. Not too surprising given my life long membership in the blonde camp. And, that the doc said only a few MS patients get loopy from this med!
- As I suspected my intermittent nasty sounding cough isn't from sinus or throat problems. Nothing quite like having a nasty tasting numbing medicine sprayed in your nose followed by a scope. Not my favorite test, I must say.
- So, I am tentatively eating solid food, swallowing pills and trying to let go of the fear and panic that Sunday's scary episode brought to the surface.