Finally, I have a reason to be appreciative of my experiences with Aspic, Jello, and any other gelatinous foods. At least in an illustrative sense. You see, fighting my way out of the rough spell I am going through feels like I am trying to swim through a sea of Aspic. I regularly encounter chunks of good solid things that should be enough to propel me higher, but then I find myself still stuck and sticky.
Shouldn't I be able to count my blessings and dig myself out of this funk? Things, in no particular order, like:
- As a mainstream American I enjoy more 'stuff' than something like 96% of the world. House, medical care, groceries, cars, etc.
- It is my birthday this week and I am counting on friends, family, presents, and cake (Yum, Cake!)
- Spring is springing, the sun shines, and my street is wearing a drift of pink petal snow from the cherry trees.
- Good books, music, and movies
- My impatient, bossy, snoring dog
- Wise counsel from several sources